Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Congaree Creek 1/19/2011

Today I decided to make the run from 12 st. to the river and back.
It was about 48F when I put in and about 60F when I took out.
The creek was flowing pretty good so I made the four mile run to the river in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
This is where the Congaree Creek meets the Congaree River.


I saw two whitetail deer, a turtle, a few kingfishers and two beaver.


As I suspected, the rain overnight washed a bunch of debris downstream.
The two gallon jugs of motor oil are full. The rest is the usual litter; except for the partial phonebook and the four spent shotgun shells.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good haul. Especially the containers with motor oil still inside! Those temperatures (48 & 60) you mentioned sound dreamlike compared to things up here in Massachusetts. Around these parts it looks and feels like 'Ice Station Zebra'!

    ReplyDelete